Last week Google opened the door for Android apps on Chrome OS. The first four apps arrived: Duolingo, Evernote, Vine, and Sight Words. Google promises that more apps will be on the way in the coming months.
The creator also mentioned
This is a proof of concept. You can run up to 4 Android applications right now with the regular runtime. By default the
chromeos-apktool replaces the Vine app. Read the multiple apps manual to load more than one application at a time. To load unlimited number of apps read theARChon runtime guide
Read the manifest guide to tweak applications.
- Flipboard – Works
- Flixster – Works
- Twitter – Works in tablet and phone mode
- Pandora – Works [Screenshot]
- Yahoo Screens, Weather and Mail work in Phone mode (might need to remove
- Soundcloud – Works, crashes when playing sound
- Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Spotify – Crashes (require native libraries)
- Opera Mini – works, issues with the back button
- Gyro Game – Works
- Break Bricks Game – Works
- Swing Copters – Crashes on Google Play Services
- WhatsApp – Crashes
- IMDB – Works
com.skype.raider– Works, requires you to enter the package name manually in the CLI, use
com.skype.raider. Use an older version of APK 5.0.0.x to get this to work.
- XBMC – Crash after initial load.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop – App seems to work properly after crashing once.