To make any website or Blog active with many users, comments on post, attachments or pages is the most effective approach. Adding Commenting system in website or blog keeps readers active and motivate them to exchange their ideas on what your blogs suggests. But apart from all those positive comments, a blog may get many spam comments, so the commenting system should be strong enough to moderate spams coming as comments. Installing commenting system in website is also another brick to gain points in Search Engine Optimization (also called as Knowledge Graph #KM these days) and of course adds a little interactivity to your site and design.
Blog platforms like WordPress and Bloggers already have their own commenting system integrated, which is why you need not to hassle much to add a new one. But always, Disqus can be integrated to these blogging platforms too (let’s not complicate things here saying WordPress as Blogging Platform). BTW we are talking about adding how to register and install Disqus commenting system in Website which is thought to be custom made by you or whom you hired.
You won’t be needing much programming skills here, as Disqus already provides bunch of codes to register and install commenting system on your website, all you need to do is place those codes in right place. To say, Disqus is quite a bit sophisticated but not difficult to implement. It has the ability to let readers login and comment using their internet identity such as facebook, open id, wordpress, blogger and etc. You can customize the looks and feel of each comment box for every site, don’t tell me you’ll love it.
So now I’ll be showing you how to register and install Disqus commenting system on Website of yours.
Here’s how you can set up your own Disqus comment for your website:
- Sign-up for Disqus, to sign-up is every easy when you have an email address, Log-in if you have an account already.
- After login Click on Add Disqus to Your Site.
- Disqus will ask some information about to create Site profile, do it so that you can moderate your comments later. See, how i created a site profile in disqus.
- After finishing registration for Disqus site profile, you need to choose the platform where you intend to integrate Disqus Commenting system, here you’ll be choosing Universal Code for Websites.
Disqus is adaptable in several blogging and website platforms and templates like WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, Typepad, Drupal, Joomla.
- Copy the First code form Disqus and place if where Disqus Commenting System is to be shown, place it after/below the article,
- Now to display comment count, place the code given by Disqus before end </body> tag.
- Lastly, Append
hrefattribute in your links. This will tell Disqus which links to look up and return the comment count.
That’s all, now try it in your website and increase readers interaction, and also let us know which other Commenting System you are using to make websites and blogs more search engine friendly.