Facebook is the most used Social Networking Media on Web by counts of Millions of user all around
globe (not really). Most of users in Facebook share their private information to other millions of users and they don’t even know to how much extend their information is being publicized. Facebook has not became safest social media when you don’t know the sound ways of using Facebook, and managing profile privacy. On the long run, users have to protect their Facebook accounts from Hackers, Phishing Attacks and Key-logging Viruses.
Here’s ideas on how to protect Facebook accounts from Hackers Phishing Attacks or Key Logging Viruses. Follow them strictly on your Facebook Profile to stay safe.
- All users must be have their strong password [maximum 12 words & 5 numbers]
- Go to setting option click ‘Security‘ click on secure browsing you must be ‘Enable browsing‘.
- Click on log-in notification you see two option ‘text’ ‘email or push notification’ & click on both option.
- You must be enable ‘code generator’ in security option.
- If you use ‘Trusted contacts‘ in your Facebook Friends Settings do not add any online people to trusted contacts. Only add those online people who are very close to you on your real life.
- Go to ‘Privacy‘ setting you see ‘Who can see my stuff?‘ set to ‘Friends only‘.
- Next you see
Who can contact me? Who can send you friend requests? Set the Everyone or friends of friends in accordance to your choice.Whose messages do I want filtered into my Inbox? Filter your Inbox using: Set your own choice >>Basic Filtering Recommended Mostly friends and people you may knowStrict Filtering Mostly see messages from friends. Messages from people you want to hear from may go to your Other folder.
- Who can look me up? Who can look you up using the email address or phone number you provided?Set to ‘Friends‘ if you wanna more secure set the ‘only me‘.
- Go to Timeline and tagging setting
Who can add things to my timeline? Set the ‘Only me‘ Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline?Set to ‘off’.Who can see things on my timeline? Set to ‘Friends‘
Who can see what others post on your timeline? Set to ‘Only me‘.
How can I manage tags people add and tagging suggestions? Set to ‘on ‘/’ friends’ / ‘friends’. There are three option in How can I manage tags people add and tagging suggestions?.
- Notification setting ‘How You Get Notifications‘ On Facebook set the ‘all notification & sound‘ on Email notification set the ‘all notification’
- What You Get Notified About Activity that involves you. View set the ‘On‘Close Friends activity set the ‘Facebook & email’Tags set the ‘Friends’Followers On for Friends of Friends
- Next the mobile option you must register mobile number for recover or reset password.
- Add alternative id to reset password [12 & 13 option are required]
- Turn On Follow, Followers will only see your public posts and will not be added as friends. You can choose the posts you want to make public and those you only want to share with friends. Follower Comments Who can comment on your public posts? Set the ‘Friends‘ Follower Notifications
Get notifications from set the ‘Friends of Friends‘
- If you add personal detail in timeline setting go to timeline click about & set the all setting to friends or only me. About You, Work and Education, Relationships and Family, living, basic information set the ‘friends’. Mobile Phones, Address, Screen, Email. Facebook they are contact info set the all ‘only me’.
- Others info you see in about (in timeline) set all privacy to ‘friends’
- You must be add twitter id to Facebook account.
- If you add any link such as YouTube set the privacy of that app to ‘friends only friends’ see your app then when you add video to your playlists, like video, favorites video in YouTube they also update post in your news-feed.
- Do not accept friend request for those people who have not upload real profile photo, their lived in option are not see, in their timeline, do not accept friend request quickly I suggest you accept request after 2 days. When you will send friend request or accept request you must see their timeline their latest update if not do not accept and send friend request.
- Do not join anonymous groups and do not like the page those are not active and updated for long.
- If someone unknown contacts you who is outside country quickly block them.
- Do not upload any files like as software from your computer only upload photos and videos from computer to Facebook don’t upload the program file and do not post anonymous link in your Facebook if you, please scan the URL link
Notification and code generator means that if someone hacks or attacks phishing on your Facebook accounts, Facebook will automatically notify in your email and on Facebook they will automatic log-out or Redirect to reset password page.
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on best how to’s on web, about computing, gadgets, Facebook, iPhone, Android, Microsoft, Linux, Mac, OpenSource and many more.