Backtrack is a Linux distribution distributed as a Live CD which consist of Linux based toolset geared toward network security and security exploits. It includes a large collection of individual tools each designed to perform specific functions, like WEP cracking, SQL injection and HTTP exploits.
How To Install Backtrack on Vmware Workstation Virtually
First a fall you must know what is a vmware (virtual machine ) if you don’t know, i would recommend you to do a Google search on this subject
- Download the virtual machine from Here (Vmware WorkStation)
- Download the latest version of Backtrack from Here.
I would suggest you to Download the iso image of Backtrack linux as it can be used for many purposes.
|How to install LibreOffice 4.0 on Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Debian|
So lets begin:-
In this Tutorial i’ll be working on Vmware Workstation.
- First of all open your vmware workstation, then goto File >> New Virtual Machine
- Then a new window will open, click on “Next” >> If you have live disc, then select “Installer Disc” or else select “Installer Disc Image file (iso)” >> “Next” >> Now choose the location where you wants to install Backtrack 5 R3 >> “Next” >> Now give the Disc size for BT 5 R3 >> “Next” >> “Finish”
- Now a new tab will be open.
- Now click on “Power On The Virtual Machine”, then it will ask for your permission to boot. Hit Enter.
- Select the first option then hit Enter.
- Then type startx, hit Enter.
- Then Double Click on Install icon, then follow the instruction.
- Installation will take some time.
- After installation click on Restart Now.
- After reboot, login as a root (default user is root and pass is toor)
- Type startx, hit Enter
- We have successfully installed the Backtrack, now lets comes to Vmware Tools.
- Goto vmware tool bar VM >> Install Vmware Tools
- Then a new icon will appear on desktop, open it by double click on it, then drag the folder to desktop.
- Open Terminal, type “cd Desktop/” , hit Enter.
- Type “tar -zxvf <folder name>”, hit Enter.
- It will start extracting the folder, after completion, a new folder will appear on Desktop.
- Type “cd vmware-tools-distrib”, hit Enter.
- Type “./vmware-install.pl”, hit Enter.
- It will start installing the vmware tools.
- During Installation, many time it will ask your permission, just hit Enter whenever it asks
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on best how to’s on web, about computing, gadgets, Facebook, iPhone, Android, Microsoft, Linux, Mac, OpenSource and many more.