You are one way ahead of being geek. Learn how to hide secret files inside a jpeg image or any other formatted picture using Command prompt and a compressor (WinRAR, 7-zip, WinZip works good). So, here’s a short tutorial on hiding your files inside a picture secretly and avoiding the traditional way of hiding files and folders in Windows.
Follow the given easy steps
- Create a folder on your hard drive, i.e. C:dtb and put in all of the files that you want to hide into that folder. Also, place the image that you will be using to hide the files in the same folder.
- Now select all of the files that you want to hide, right-click on them, and choose the option to add them to a compressed ZIP or RAR file. Only select the files you want to hide, not the picture. Name it whatever you want, i,e. “dtb.rar”.
- Now, in this step you will be using command prompt to combine the “dtb.rar” file and image. So open Command prompt using Win+R button, type cmd and hit enter.
- Go to the root of the drive and select path to the folder with files. In this tutorial “C:dtb>“.
- Type command copy /B [imagename.extension] + [zippedfilename.type] [secretimagename.type]
For this tutorial C:dtb>copy /B secret.jpg + dtb.rar secretpic.jpg
Remember .zip, .rar, .7z are all different extensions so make sure you first check extensions of image and compressed files
So, that’s it, look into root folder, there is image named “secretpic.jpg“, which will open as image but has files hidden inside it, thus no one will find out you have your secret files hidden inside. But be aware not to share that image to other by any means.
How to browse Secret files hidden inside image/ picture
Now, to open files hidden in a secret image, you will need to use WinRAR or WinZip program.
Right click the secret image and choose to Extract here, and if it does not show Extract option, Go to Open with and choose WinRAR or WinZip program to open image and browser your hidden files.
Here’s a tutorial video on hiding files inside Image from out YouTube Channel
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page and See Video Tutorials at YouTube Channel to keep yourself updated on best how to’s on web, about computing, gadgets, Facebook, iPhone, Android, Microsoft, Linux, Mac, OpenSource and many more.