By now you must be somewhat familiar with Windows 8. So, you have seen your pals using Windows 8 and they have made their Start Screen more attractive by installing more Windows apps. Tiles of Windows Apps makes your Start Screen more attractive.
You can install apps and games from Windows store in Surface Pro Windows 8. But sometimes you may get some errors while installing Windows Apps from Windows store in Surface Pro Windows 8. Error message can be “Something happened and this app couldn’t be installed. Please try again. Error Code: 0x80073cf9” and selecting “try again” or “Cancel install” option won’t work. Such error message may also occur while updating Windows Store Apps.
So, if you are getting error message while installing Windows Store Apps in Surface Pro Windows 8 or while updating Windows Store Apps in Surface Pro Windows 8, you can try these methods to solve the error code 0x80073cf9 in Windows 8 OS:
- Turn off Antivirus software and Firewall temporarily.
- Reset store cache: Press Win + R, type WSReset.exe and hit enter.
- Use File explorer to open C:Windows folder, and re-create an “AUInstallAgent” folder if it is missing.
- Open command prompt (Admin), type the “sfc /scannow” command and press Enter to run System File Checker.
- Open Registry Editor and delete the whole OLE folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoft
Now, you can try again by installing new Windows Store Apps from Store on Start Screen, and if every steps has gone well then you won’t get error message. We hope this simple trick has solved your problem on “How to fix error 0x80073cf9 when install store apps in Windows 8 Surface Pro”
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on best how to’s on web, about computing, gadgets, Facebook, iPhone, Android, Microsoft, Linux, Mac, OpenSource and many more.