Days might come when you get frustrated because of receiving many birthday notification of so many people/friends you have in Facebook. Here is a way to get out of this crap. You can disable birthday notifications on Microsoft accounts which you use in Windows 8 including Surface tab, hotmail, live and outlook email accounts.
To Stop Birthday notification from Hotmail
For issues related to birthday notifications from those of your Facebook friends only, a combination of your own contacts’ and Facebook friends’ or birthdays of your contacts only.
If you also receive the notification of your Facebook friends, then you may try to disconnect that service from Hotmail. Here are the steps:
- Go to your Profile page through this link: https://profile.live.com
- Below your Hotmail profile picture, click Manage
- You’ll see the accounts connected with your Hotmail, click Edit below the account that you wish to disconnect – in this case Facebook
- On the bottom part of the page, tick on Remove this connection completely
- Click Remove
If the issue is isolated to your saved contacts in Microsoft account, then Hotmail moderators can best address such queries. They can be reached from here.
To Stop Birthday Notification from Outlook Emails
- Open your MS Outlook or Hotmail inbox where you are receiving the birthday notifications and open one such notification mail.
- Click on the link ‘Stop getting notifications’. This will take you to the browser and it loads up the online settings page for your calendar.
Scroll down, and you will see the Notifications section. Here, untick the option Get reminders for events and tasks and also delete the reminders Email(your email address) and Notifications on your devices under the Default reminders for newly created events option. (See screenshot below)
Save the settings and that’s it. You shouldn’t be receiving the birthday mails anymore.
Use Sweep Emails feature on Outlook Emails on Windows 8.1
Use Sweep to delete or archive email messages from your inbox or other folders. You can choose to delete or archive all email messages, or all but the most recent, from one or more senders. You can also choose to block, delete, or archive future email messages from those senders.
To delete messages from a sender, select an email message from that sender in your inbox, tap or click Sweep, select the Delete option that works for you, and then click Sweep.
- Open Outlook app on Windows 8/ Windows 8.1
- Open any birthday reminder of type you don’t want to receive further
- Right-click to open App Bar
- Click on Swipe
- Select “Delete all from Inbox and block future email”
It is like creating an email rule on your account. If you wish to unsubscribe to a newsletter, you will be able to do so by clicking on Unsubscribe under sweep. You can visit this article for additional information about Sweep functionality.
This tutorial on “How to Disable Birthday notifications on Microsoft Accounts including Windows 8, Hotmail, Live & Outlook” has the most common and easiest ways to Disable Birthday notifications on Microsoft Accounts including Windows 8, Hotmail, Live and Outlook. If you still have some problem stopping these notifications, feel free to leave comments. And if you have other easy ways please mention.